Are you unable to access the Netgear extender login page? If your answer to the question is yes, then you are reading the right post. Through this piece of writing, we will provide you with some topmost troubleshooting steps through which you will get rid of Netgear extender login page not working issue in minutes. So, without wasting much time, let’s start over, shall we?
Troubleshoot Netgear Extender Login Page Not Working Issue
Walk through the steps given-below and know how to resolve Netgear extender login page not working issue:
Proper Power Supply
First things first, you have to make sure that your Netgear extender is properly plugged in and receiving continuous power supply. Apart from that, below-mentioned are a few things that you need to consider:
- Make sure that the wall-plug you are using to plug in your Netgear extender is in working condition.
- Then, ensure that the power LED on your Netgear extender is green and stable.
- Choose a damage and fluctuation-free wall outlet for your Netgear extender.
Opt for Different Connection Source
Through which connection source have you connected your Netgear extender and your router? In a wireless manner? Well, this is the thing that is giving you trouble. Connecting your Netgear extender to your router wirelessly might give you trouble while accessing the Netgear extender login page. Thus, to fix Netgear extender login page not working issue, it is recommended to make a wired Ethernet connection between your devices. And if you are already using a wired connection, ensure that the Ethernet cable isn’t faulty or damaged.
Use the Default Netgear Extender IP Address
One of the most common yet major reasons why you are unable to access the Netgear extender login page is because of the wrong web address i.e. mywifiext.net. You might be making mistakes (typos) while entering the web address. Or you are entering mywifiext.net in the browser’s search bar instead of the address bar. Thus, to fix the issue, all you need to do is to be careful while entering mywifiext.net.
On the off chance if you are entering mywifiext.net correctly and still it doesn’t work for you, then make use of the default Netgear extender IP address instead.
Run an Internet Speed Test
Sometimes, the reason why you are unable to access the Netgear extender login page because of a technical glitch in your internet connection. But that’s okay! You don’t have to worry. It is not a big issue that doesn’t have a solution. Below mentioned are some troubleshooting tips that you need to follow in order to troubleshoot the issue:
- Upgrade your internet plan.
- Open a web browser as per your liking and run an internet speed test.
- Also, try updating the internet browser you are using to access mywifiext.
Reset Your Netgear Extender
If you are still unable to access the Netgear extender login page, then resetting your device is the only remedy left. Follow the instructions outlined underneath to reset your Netgear extender back to the default factory setting:
- Power on your Netgear extender and ensure to provide it an adequate power supply during the process.
- Also, ensure to disconnect your Netgear extender from your router and the WiFi-enabled devices.
- Locate the Netgear extender reset hole.
- Once found, push it carefully using a pin or a paper clip.
- Hold it Netgear extender reset hole for some time and release it.
- Your Netgear extender resets back to factory default settings successfully.
Now, you have to perform the Netgear extender setup process using the default web address and login details.
Here’s to hope that resetting Netgear extender would have solved the issue for you. In case not, feel free to get in touch with our experts via comments.