Have you been looking for a way to access the internet regardless of where you’re sitting inside your house? If you’re nodding your head to the question, then we recommend you to perform Linksys router setup.
Setting up a Linksys WiFi router in your house will spread the wireless network to every damn corner of your house. In order words, whether you’re sitting at the terrace or the storeroom, you won’t face an issue accessing the internet if you set up a Linksys router.
Linksys Router Setup Via Manual Method
Mentioned below are the instructions that you need to follow in order to set up and install a Linksys WiFi router at your home in a jiffy.
- Unbox the Linksys WiFi Router
Start by unboxing the Linksys router with utmost care. Make sure that no part of your WiFi device gets damaged. You’ll find the following items in the box:
- A Linksys WiFi router
- An Ethernet cable
- A Power cable
- A Power Adapter
- A Linksys Manual
- Connect the Router to the Modem
Once you are done unboxing your WiFi router, grab a power cable. Plug one end of the power cable into the router and another into the apower adapter. Then, press the Power button on your Linksys router. Wait for the LED light to become solid green.
Next, create a connection between your Linksys router and the existing modem. How? Well, you can either connect both the WiFi devices wirelessly or use an Ethernet cable. Just make sure that your Ethernet cable doesn’t have any loose ends. It should be finger-tight.
- Install an Internet Browser
As soon as a secure connection between your WiFi devices has been established, switch on your laptop. Install a web browser of your choice on your system and type 192.168.1.1 in its address bar. Do not forget to press the Enter key.
Next, to login to Linksys router, you need to fill in the default username and password of your WiFi device in the given fields. Once you hit Log In, click on the Manual method. Then, select the network that you want to extend and follow the on-screen prompts.
In this manner, you can set up and install a Linksys WiFi router at your home. Now, you can connect as many devices with the WiFi router as you want. Also, you are free to enjoy a blazing-fast internet connection regardless of where you’re sitting inside your house.
In case you get stuck at some point while trying to set up a Linksys router, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with our experts. Before reaching out to us, if you want to take care of the issue on your own, then follow the troubleshooting tips outlined below.
Troubleshooting Tips to Fix Linksys Router Setup Issues
- Be extremely careful while unboxing your Linksys WiFi router.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable that you’re using to connect your router to the modem should be in a good condition. It should not have any cuts or breakage.
- If the power LED light of your WiFi device is not becoming solid, then it is recommended that you power-cycle your router.
- Facing issues trying to log into your device? Well, to fix the issue, you should to careful while entering the default IP or default web address in the address bar of your web browser.
- In case you’re facing an issue with the default router login details, you should refer to the Linksys manual that came along with your device.
After following the aforementioned steps, if you still aren’t able to set up a Linksys router, then it is recommended that you perform Linksys extender setup.
To set up a Linksys extender, all you need to do is, access http://extender.linksys.com, and follow the instructions mentioned above.