Holidays are just around the corner and it is time that you start deciding where to book your flights from India. With so many options out there, choosing the one that perfectly suits your budget and liking is a hard task. But if you think that that is the only thing you need to worry about, then you have made a mistake. Once you decide upon your holiday destination, the real work begins. The first thing you need to do is find the most suitable flights and book your plane tickets. The list of all that you need to do before you can finally relax is endless.
Getting affordable international flights from India is a hassle for even the most seasoned travelers. No matter what your final destination is, booking flight tickets always takes up a huge portion of your travel expenditure. The cost of flight tickets is already high in most cases, and it can burn a hole through your pocket if you are not careful when doing your research. To help you out with the same, here are a bunch of tricks that can help you get the airfares that suit your budget and flights that suit your itinerary.
- Book connecting flights: It is common knowledge that direct flights cost much more than connecting flights. Now, although this is common knowledge, many people might still look over it and get expensive tickets. When you fly direct, you do save a lot of time, but you need to pay for it in cash. If time is not an important factor and you are travelling for leisure, make sure you get connecting flights. With all the wonderful facilities and lounges at the airport, you will be able to have a comfortable layover on your way.
- Grab your tickets as early as possible: This is probably the easiest and the simplest way of getting economical flight tickets to India or from India. When you start looking for flights early, you get the lowest possible airfares in the market, and you also get more choices in terms of routes and seats. As you start nearing your chosen date of departure, the price of flight tickets starts going up. Last-minute price hikes are quite common, and they can put a dent in your bank account. So the next time you want to fly to a great destination, make sure you start your search for suitable flight tickets at the right time.
- Use your reward points: Reward points or loyalty points are the ones you earn when you sign up for the memberships offered by various airline carriers. Signing up for these memberships allows you to become a preferred customer, and you get several additional perks when you fly. The points and miles you earn for booking flight tickets can be redeemed for discounts, upgrades, and even free tickets. If you are a frequent flyer, then signing up for such programs can allow you to become a top tier customer and unlock various other facilities like lounge access, priority boarding, seat selection, and much more.
- Fly with budget airlines: Budget airlines have become all the rage in recent years. Given the rising price of flight tickets and the increasing number of travels, budget airlines have been a success in the travel industry. Their success meant that several major airline carriers came up with their budget subsidiaries. The increasing competition among various budget carriers has allowed passengers a great deal of choice and wonderful service. When you are trying to save money, flying with budget airline carriers can prove to be a game-changer. It allows you to enjoy decent perks at a fraction of the price and fly to faraway destinations.
- Look for throwaway tickets: most people are not familiar with the concept of throwaway tickets. As it can be quite expensive to fly to a certain location as compared to the others, throwaway tickets can help you reduce the price. While flying directly to your chosen destination can prove to be costly, taking a layover at your chosen destination might turn out to be cheaper. In such a case, you can simply book a ticket to another destination and when you reach your chosen destination, simply throw away the second half of your ticket. Throwaway tickets are literally tickets that you throw away and save money.
- Reserve tickets on official airline websites: Most people choose to book their flight tickets with third-party websites that allow them to make reservations. However, these third party airlines also have several additional charges and a huge profit margin. Booking with such websites might not be the best choice all the time. In such a case, making reservations with official airline websites can turn out to be the wiser choice. So, anytime you are looking for flight tickets make sure that you check the official airline page and compare the prices they offer with the ones that are offered by other online booking portals.
- Check your social media: Social media is very important in today’s world, and it has taken over several aspects of our lives. However, this does not mean that social media only has a bad side. If you use it properly, social media can come in quite handy and help you save money on your flight tickets. Most airline carriers have social media accounts where they post about all the latest deals and offers. Keeping an eye on their social media pages allows you to be the first one to find out all about any discounts. By keeping an eye out, you can be the first one to grab any discount deals and save money.
These ideas might not seem like much in the beginning, but when they are used properly, they can help you make a good deal of saving on your flight tickets. With these hacks, you can also reduce the time you spend looking for cheap flight tickets. So, get your international flights from India using these tips and save your money to spend on other aspects of your vacation.