Is your Xfinity Router blinking orange and you can’t access the internet due to this? If yes, you need to identify the reason behind it and resolve the issue to regain access to the internet. The issue of Xfinity Router blinking orange usually occurs when the device is connecting at 10/100 Mbps. Besides, a lack of communication between the router and your modem can lead to the blinking of the orange light. Read on to explore the various ways by which you can fix the blinking of orange light on Xfinity Routers and gather some valuable insights into using the device in a hassle-free way.
Various Ways to Fix Xfinity Router Blinking Orange
Instances might happen when you notice that the orange light on your Xfinity Router is flashing and you can’t access the internet. One of the most common reasons behind this is a lack of communication between your modem and the router. If you are using an Ethernet cable to connect these devices, ensure that the cable is in proper condition. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve the blinking of the orange light on your Xfinity Router:
- Turn off your router and disconnect the power adapter of the router from the electric socket.
- Connect the power adapter back to the electric socket and turn on the router to check if the issue is resolved.
- In case the issue persists, check if the Ethernet cable connecting the router and the modem has any physical damages. If yes, replace the cable with a new one.
- If none of the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps work, reset the router. Press and hold the router’s reset button for about 10 seconds, and release it. This is how to reset Xfinity Router.
Once the reset is done, you will notice that all the previously configured settings of the router are erased. However, you can use the default login credentials of the router to regain access to the router admin console and make the necessary changes to the router settings. Here’s how you can do this:
- Connect the router to your computer either wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
- Once the devices are connected, open a web browser on your computer and browse the default IP address of the router.
- On the router login page, enter ‘admin’ and ‘password’ as the default username and password respectively.
- Click on ‘Login’ to log into the router management console.
- Once you are logged into the router, you can click on the various tabs such as ‘Basic Settings’, ‘Advanced Settings’, ‘Wireless Settings’, etc. and follow the on-screen instructions to make necessary changes to the router settings.
The process of Xfinity default router login gives you an opportunity to reconfigure the device according to your unique requirements. Once the device is reconfigured, connect devices like desktop computer, laptop, iOS, or Android devices to the router and check if you can surf the internet. You can also refer to the user manual that comes along with the router and get an idea of fixing any router-related issues that may occur in the future.